Our Psychologists offer expertise to help you and your families identify needs, and facilitate emotional, social, and practical support.
Our Psychologists inspire and empower you to achieve your life goals while helping to provide safety and stability during times of hardship.
Our psychologists can help you with support during difficult situations by:
- Providing confidential counselling and support around issues such as mental health, self-esteem and identity, stress management, coping strategies and relationship issues.
- Developing strategies to assist with behaviours of concern or mental health issues
- Helping you understand and adjust to a diagnosis of disability
- Assessing living skills, behaviour, environment, social abilities etc.
- Helping you build skills and capacity
- Assisting children (and their families) with transitions (to school, to adulthood)
- Assisting families to explore stressors and develop innovative coping strategies
- Assisting you and your family to make the most of your social and emotional strengths
- Helping a family to sustain caring arrangements
- Providing carer support, and connecting them to support groups or other carers
- Providing information and education about relationships, friendships and sexuality
Our psychologists and social workers can also assist during difficult situations such as:
- The death of a family member or friend
- Financial problems
- Domestic violence or abuse
- Post-traumatic events
- Grief and loss
- Work-related bullying and stress
- Parenting support
- Social isolation/loneliness
- Family breakdown
- Caregiver distress