Innovative Community Participation
We support you to build skills to actively participate in your community. Through side-by-side practice, the program involves highly skilled workers who assist you to expand your opportunities for community participation and employment. Our experienced staff adopt a capacity-building, community-based approach by working with you in your local community to increase the likelihood of uptake and successful transition away from the service to informal supports and/or employment.
Community Engagement Practitioners maintain a focus on resilience, wellbeing and personal growth to successfully connect to the community, however each service is tailored to best suit you, and your goals, to allow you to get the most out of the service.
As appropriate, by accessing this service you can expect support working on:
- The importance of community engagement, social contribution and relationships in maintaining personal wellbeing
- Self-awareness and self-care
- Gaining awareness of personal interests, skillsets and passions and linking these to employment pathways
- Emotional awareness and self-regulation
- Adaptive social competency including increased awareness of social norms and expectations
- Their relationship with their disability, independence, confidence and self-worth
- Navigating systems and programs to successfully participate in your community and employment pathway
- Preparation and support to access training and employment opportunities
- Capacity building for seeking assistance in the community context without ongoing formalised supports.