Community Nursing Care
Community nursing aims to support and maintain patient independence, safety, and healthy lifestyle, at the same time as providing assistance to carers.
Our Registered Nurses work with you and your family to help prevent disease, maintain health, and treat any existing health problems.
Our nursing services are supervised by experienced registered nurses and performed by enrolled endorsed nurses, enrolled nurses, and assistant nurses in the comfort of your own home.
Our registered nurses provide care plans that are based on a thorough examination that identifies your health conditions, the level of care required, and the appropriate medical interventions needed. Nursing is provided in consultation with your doctor and/or hospital discharge team.
If you require community nursing care, our nurses are qualified, professional, caring and culturally sensitive.
Services our community nurses are able to provide you include:
- Visiting nurse and assessments
- Continence aids assessment, recommendation, and training support
- Urinary catheter management (In-dwelling Urinary Catheter inluding suprapubic and urethral, or In-out/Intermittent Catheter)
- Development of care plans
- Medication management
- Stoma care
- Wound care
- Bowel care
- Respiratory support
- Enteral (Naso-Gastric Tube – Jejunum or Duodenum) feeding and management
- Subcutaneous injections
- Tracheostomy management
- Palliative care nursing assistance
- Diabetes management
- Dementia management
- Care after a hospital stay
- Overnight nursing care
- Monitoring of blood pressure, pulse, temperature and blood sugar levels
- General nursing care, including assistance with chronic conditions
- Education and support for clients and their families and carers